2-time NASCAR champion Kyle Busch hospitalized with severe illness, family says

2-time NASCAR champion Kyle Busch hospitalized with severe illness, family says

AP News sports

Key Points:

  • Kyle Busch, two-time NASCAR Cup Series champion, has been hospitalized with a severe illness and will miss the upcoming race at Charlotte Motor Speedway, according to a family statement requesting privacy.
  • Busch had been dealing with a sinus cold worsened by the physical demands of racing at Watkins Glen on May 10, where he still managed to finish eighth despite needing medical aid.
  • This marks the first time in over a decade that Busch will miss a Cup Series race, with Austin Hill stepping in to drive his No. 8 Chevrolet in the Coca-Cola 600.
  • Busch, 41, currently ranks 24th in the Cup Series standings and has struggled with consistency since joining Richard Childress Racing, though he remains one of NASCAR’s most successful drivers with 234 wins across national series.
  • Despite recent tensions with former teammate Denny Hamlin, the two have reportedly reconciled, with Hamlin acknowledging Busch’s status as one of the sport’s greats.

Trending Business

Trending Technology

Trending Health